Souris & Area Business Development Bus Tour / Advancing Island Connections East
Join us for a business development bus tour to Souris and surrounding areas, and Advancing Island Connections East. You’ll learn about PEI’s thriving seafood industry in the morning; during the afternoon, you’ll hear about why PEI is known as Canada’s Food Island.
The day's itinerary is as follows:
- 8:30am to 9am: Registration (Red Shores Casino Parking Lot: 21 Exhibition Drive, Charlottetown)
- 9am: Bus departs Charlottetown
- 10:30am to 11:00am North Lake Harbour (tuna capital of the world)
Meet Jason Tompkins, Fish Buyer/Exporter; Owner of The Poke Shack; soon to open a cutting house for tuna
- 11:30am Souris Gateway Beach Park
- 12:30pm Lunch at 21 Breakwater
- 2:00pm to 4:00pm Advancing Island Connections East – Souris Legion
- 4:00pm to 6:00pm: Business Mixer
- 6:00pm Bus departs Souris
- 7:00pm: Bus arrives in Charlottetown
This will also be an important networking opportunity for YOU, so please come prepared to make a brief self-introduction during the afternoon session (your name, country of origin, professional background, length of time in PEI, business interest in PEI).
Advanced registration is required. The deadline for registration is Friday, September 7th. Space is limited, and is available on a first-come, first serve basis.